Junior Investment Analyst
5 Feb 2019
No of vacancies:
Our client based in a small, bright new office in Yangon where you’ll spend around 60% of your time. The rest of the time you’ll be taxiing through Yangon traffic to meet startups, SMEs and other ecosystem actors. The main responsibilities of the role are finding great startups and helping our portfolio companies grow their businesses.
You will assess startup companies in Myanmar, undertaking market research and financial analysis, including developing financial projections. This research will be used to present investment opportunities to the investment committee. You'll also undertake research and analysis in order to support our growing portfolio of companies, including reviewing potential strategies and projects and helping select the most suitable for the business/ team/ market.
You’ll work closely with our Senior Investment Analyst and Investment Manager. You will be expected to willingly take up ad-hoc tasks that contribute to the overall success and image of the company. In addition, you will join a team ready to listen to your own ideas and given responsibility to match your ability and enthusiasm.
You should have a foundation understanding of business, economics and finance. You should be creative and enjoy problem solving. Most importantly, you will be hungry to develop your analytical skills and to learn on the job. This is a unique position for someone looking to learn about business strategy and venture capital. You will learn how to assess companies, produce financial models and value early-stage businesses. You’ll improve your presenting and reporting skills and you’ll become an expert at interviewing founders and business managers. Therefore, you will need to be open, ready and determined to learn and confident to ask questions to assist your learning.
- English fluency and excellent written English is a must
- At least 1 year of relevant experience in a business setting
- Good level of competence with MS Office, including Excel
- Creative thinker and problem solver, able and willing to contribute ideas
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, marketing or related field, favour given to relevant post-graduates
- Excellent numerical abilities, including some knowledge of finance
- Personable and trustworthy
- Motivated creative self-starter with a favour for small team environment
- Retail Store Manager
- Assistant General Manager (Retail Deposit and Cards)
- Assistant General Manager (SME Banking)
- Marketing Budget Analyst
- Head of Corporate Governance