Senior Fraud Investigator
5 Mar 2019
No of vacancies:
- Manages the strategic fraud prevention & detection direction of the Fraud Management Unit order to protect the Bank from organized crime.
- Develops and maintains expert
systems, knowledge and practices, investigate and monitor fraud attacks across
the Bank’s the full product range.
- Proactively identify profiles, trends and patterns of fraudulent behaviour and develop innovative mitigating actions to combat such activity, thus minimising the risk to Bank.
- Establishes and implements long
term improvements in systems and processes across the business in order to
reduce the overall fraud exposure at any given time. Ensure system performance
is optimised and has a strong audit trail.
- Conduct routine to complex investigations in diversified operations, suspected internal abuse and fraud involving employees/vendors/contractors.
- Conducts interviews of suspects and witnesses, gathers comprehensive work papers and evidentiary material to support findings and prepare comprehensive reports of findings.
- Constructs recommendations to line management to close process gaps, mitigate risk and address policy/procedure violations.
- Constructs recommendations to line of business owners around employment outcomes, provide guidance and input as needed and identify training opportunities.
- Participates in, or leads investigative related task forces and/or special projects that represent significant loss exposure and/or are highly visible.
- Formulates and recommends action response to allegations, files crime reports as appropriate, and testifies in court proceedings as appropriate.
- Prepares reports for management covering investigative details, results and recommended loss and recovery prevention actions.
- Directs activities of multiple investigators on complex investigations and provide technical guidance to less experienced investigative staff if needed.
- Must be able to identify effective mitigation strategies, analyze, evaluate data and information that results in a thorough investigative effort.
- Possess at least a Bachelor's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma or Professional Degree in Law or equivalent
- Substantial (7 years +) hands-on experience in a Special Investigations Unit (or equivalent) at a financial services firm
or a law enforcement agency, investigating matters involving fraud, theft, schemes to defraud, etc.
- Deep understanding of the financial services regulatory framework, the rules and regulations particular to broker dealers
- Excellent oral communication and writing skills, including substantial experience in conducting interviews
- Strong skills in MS Office; Excel, Access, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Ability to travel as needed
-Possess law enforcement relationships and industry partner relationships
- Director of Sales and Marketing
- Software Suite Administrator
- Marketing Manager
- Credit Analyst
- Sales Account Executive (Creative Industry)