Assistant General Manager (Smart Payroll)
8 Mar 2019
No of vacancies:
The role holder is responsible for effectively managing business development and sales operations for payroll by developing the sales strategy and identifying, originating and pursuing new business opportunities to enable achievement of customer acquisition, market share, revenue and profit targets. The role holder is also responsible for developing and maintaining healthy relationships with a network of key clients, championing and driving the implementation of sales and customer care initiatives to ensure the delivery of exceptional client service.
- Leads and effectively executes the business plans for the Value Centre, and designs distinctive value creating agendas to promote and sell payroll products and solutions that meet the needs of existing and prospective clients in order to improve the bank’s market share and ensure achievement of sales targets and objectives
- Originates and manages a large portfolio of clients and provides ongoing assistance and advisory to the existing portfolio of clients and new clients in order to increase the number of clients and the wallet shares of existing ones
- Conducts sales efforts commensurate with market opportunity to generate new clients, while maintaining and expanding existing profitable client relationships
- Ensures clients are matched to the appropriate payroll product/solution in order to maximize revenues and ensure that customers are satisfied with the service that they receive
- Works closely with and provides guidance to the sales team throughout the sales process from client opportunity planning, client meetings, proposal preparation and negotiation, and deal closing in order to ensure the delivery of exceptional client service
- Represents the bank by actively participating in external civic/community affairs, business/industry related organizations and other professional activities as appropriate to enhance the bank’s public image and develop additional business
- Identifies and manages potential risk areas by establishing appropriate controls and ensuring compliance with laid down procedure manuals
- Develops talent within the team by providing coaching to achieve the defined goals
- In addition to the primary responsibilities, the role holder will also be accountable for one of the following portfolios:
Marketing and Customer Service
- Actively collaborates with the Marketing Function to ensure consistency in branding guidelines, templates and reports to imbue the bank’s corporate identity in all communications
- Collaborates seamlessly with marketing and e-commerce specialists to build competencies in the use of marketing technologies and social media to encourage repeat business
- Actively collaborates with the Virtual Branch Function to develop an end-to-end client experience journey, identify satisfaction and sentiment, and capture ongoing feedback in order to develop a prolonged, trust-based relationship
- Actively collaborates with the Technology and Engineering Function to build competencies in the use of technology to maintain high technical standards and champions the adoption of cutting-edge technologies and agile practices in order to enhance the Value Centre’s ability to anticipate and respond quickly to market and industry demand
- Ensures that the Value Centre receives the highest standards of technology services and support needed to drive desired business results
Human Resources and Finance
- Champions the successful implementation of Finance and HR related policies, programs and initiatives within the Value Centre to facilitate the achievement of business plans and objectives
- Collaborates with the Human Resources Function in identifying the hiring and training needs of the Value Centre to ensure the delivery of appropriate training and the hiring of quality talent to support current and future business needs
- Collaborates with the Finance Function in developing relevant measurable performance metrics for the Value Centre, and proactively tracks performance against the metrics to ensure fiscal control, profitability and financial feasibility of the Value Centre
- Possess at least a Bachelor's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma or Professional Degree in business management or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in payroll service company and in the area of product development.
- Alternatively, minimum 5 years of experience working in financial institution in the area of corporate payroll service.
- Successfully rolled-out new payroll product.
- Able to command in both English and Myanmar.
- Possess logical and investigative mind.
- Excellent analytical, technical and problem-solving skills.
- Retail Store Manager
- Assistant General Manager (Retail Deposit and Cards)
- Assistant General Manager (SME Banking)
- Marketing Budget Analyst
- Head of Corporate Governance