Head of Corporate Governance
15 Mar 2019
No of vacancies:
- Responsible for setting up the overall Governance framework at bank, including managing and implementing a best in class governance process.
- Interact directly with the Board on the development of policies and positions on high profile issues related to board accountability and shareholder rights.
- Responsible for effective internal and external stakeholder management to ensure that the highest standards of governance are met.
- Responsible for supporting the bank’s strategies and initiatives to provide an effective and engaging digital customer onboarding experience, expand the agent and merchant networks, and drive the usage of mobile and digital applications, in order to achieve economic and social development in Myanmar through nationwide financial inclusion.
- Designs an approved Corporate Governance Manual for Bank including processes and activities which provide for appropriate governance of planning, processing and decision making to drive a strong governance culture within Bank.
- Outlines a roadmap for the implementation of the overall governance mechanism for Bank to ensure the Bank meet the prescribed Code of Conduct
- Stays abreast of market best practices to ensure governance principles continue to evolve in light of changing circumstances and are re-evaluated as per the defined process from time to time
- Provides full support to the Chief Risk Officer in the review of the Board level committee structure and mandate and provides recommendations to improve its effectiveness
- Reviews all management committees of Bank to ensure committee mandate and performance reflect effectiveness
- Proactively engages with different internal stakeholders e.g. Board members, management members and strategy group to ensure that the Governance mechanism reflects organizational and strategic priorities and changes
- Builds strong networks with relevant external stakeholders from the Central Banks, auditors and rating agencies and provides update and assurance on the Governance Framework
- Develops a company secretariat wherein all regulatory requirements under local or international regulations and or company law requirements are documented, complied and reported
- Functions as a subject matter expert and provide input on learning and development initiatives including training content to ensure team members stay relevant and add value to the team and Bank
- Defines goals and key performance indicators for each member of the team and ensure effective implementation of the performance management process
- Develops talent within the team by providing coaching to achieve the defined goals
- Possess at least a Bachelor's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma or Professional Degree in Law, Business Management or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in legal or governance.
- Experience working with board of directors.
- Able to command in both English and Myanmar.
- Able to maintain confidentiality, detail-oriented and critical thinker.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.