1 Oct 2019
No of vacancies:
The chief financial officer position is accountable for the administrative and financial risk management operations of the company including the development of an operational financial strategy (business plans, budgets and forecasts, dividend policies, capital management and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
1. Assist in formulating the company's future direction and supporting tactical initiatives
2. Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans, budgets and forecasts
3. Develop financial and tax strategies
4. Manage the capital request and budgeting processes
5. Develop performance measures that support the company's strategic direction
1. Design and manage an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives
2. Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team
3. Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team
4. Manage the accounting, MIS/financial planning, investor relations andtax departments
5. Manage any third parties to which financial functions have been outsourced
6. Oversee the veracity, compliance to regulations and accuracy of the company's transaction processing systems
7. Implement operational best practice
1. Oversee, review and approve the issuance of all financial information both internally and externally.
2. Ensure that financial information is accurate, relevant and in compliance with accounting standards, CBM regulations etc
3. Report financial results to the board of directors
4. Prepare Cash flows and financial models as and when required
1. Understand and mitigate key elements of the company's financial risk. Take active leadership in ensuring the bank’s risk is monitored, managed and mitigated.
2. Monitor all risk and legal issues involving the bank and the adequacy of provisioning for these risks, if any is required.
3. Ensure adequacy of credit provisioning to ensure that the potential risk of demand on capital is managed.
4. Construct and monitor reliable control systems
5. Maintain appropriate insurance coverage
6. Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
7. Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies
8. Report risk issues to the audit committee of the board of directors
9. Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations
1. Plan and manage capital needs in line with growth projections, risk parameters, provisioning requirement etc.
2. Arrange for debt and equity financing
3. Actively contribute to managing funding, investments and returns thereof
- Should have a master's degree in accounting or business administration or should be a qualified finance professional, or equivalent business experience
- At least 7 years of relevant experience in a bank or financial institution.
- Experienced in partnering with an executive team, and have a high level of written and oral communication skills
- Procurement Manager
- Channel Development Specialist
- Head of Legal and Compliance
- Sub-Distribution Channel Sales Manager
- Head of Finance (Mobile Wallet of Bank)