10 Jul 2020
No of vacancies:
Communication & Working Relationships
- Report to CEO, CE
- Internal: CEO & BOD, Engineers, QS & Estimate team, Survey team, Quality Control team and Machinery team.
- External: Vendors and subcontractors, Government Association and other concerned authorized people.
Role & Responsibilities
- Leader Quantity Surveyors in the tender and post contract functions.
- Responsibilities for all cost estimating, cost planning, cost studies, cost monitoring and controlling, measurement.
- Cost planning and commercial management throughout the entire life cycle of the project from inception to post completion.
- Risk management and calculation.
- Procurement advice and assistance during the tendering procedures.
- Tender analysis and agreement of the contract sum.
- Commercial management and contract administration.
- Preparing bill of quantities (BOQ) and tender document, drafting contract conditions.
- Effectively contracts negotiation.
- Assessment of contractor’s claims and advice on contractual disputes.
- Effectively manage internal budget control, advice on cost limits and budgets.
- Undertaking cost analysis for construction works.
- Study on procurement strategy with purchasing manager and advising on favorable strategy to reduce cost.
- Provide Order of magnitude costs for construction projects.
- Refine, Monitor and Control costs during design development.
- Valuing completed work, arranging payments.
- Managing construction projects on behalf of the government to ensure that the project is completed on time and within the budget.
- Giving expert advice on contractual claims arising out of construction projects.
- Identify of cost risks in tender returns.
- To review and complete the bid forms, tender documents and ensure that they are within the tender instructions, specifications and drawings;
- To closely monitor the results of the tenders and update them in the tender register.
- Preparing and analyzing castings for tenders.
- Preparing tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the client
- Oversee the preparation of tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities.
- Issue Project Insurance, Insurance Claims, Bonds, Security and Bank Guarantees
- Oversee and monitor the incoming and outgoing of correspondence between Clients/ subcontractors/suppliers and the contractor.
- Analyses the estimates and identifies the abnormalities and makes sure that their accuracies are verified.
- Bachelor’s degree required ME Civil /BE Engineering Civil and advance diploma in quantity surveying
- At least (8) to (15) years of experiences in Infrastructure Projects and road and bridge construction
- Excellent communications skills (oral and written)
- Independent to lead QS/Estimate/Costing team (7-9 staff) and provide relevant advice. Ability to lead, plan and manage several tender projects effectively at the same time
- Experience with Infrastructure Projects and road and bridge construction
- Experience High Quality Standard Road and Bridges Projects
- Ability for travel and to traverse job sites
- Good knowledge in Microsoft office software’s, project management, etc;
- Willing to work beyond normal working hours including public holidays
- Good price negotiation skill with vendors and subcontractors
- A creative and innovative approach to problem-solving
- Negotiating and team-working skills and the ability to motivate and lead those on site;
- The ability to write clear and precise reports and to relate complex information in a simple way to a diverse range of people;
- Detailed knowledge of past and current road and bridges construction technology, processes, materials, and legal matters.
If you are interested, please share your detail CV to [email protected]
Any Enquiries - 09 420 567 061
- Area Manager (Retail Stores)
- Complaint Management and Service Recovery Manager
- Sales Planning Manager
- Customer Operations Manager (Mandalay)
- Electrical Engineer (Tender & Design Dept.)