Chief Executive Officer (Agriculture Section)
17 Nov 2020
No of vacancies:
CEO for the Agriculture Section will work to achieve corporate objectives and effectively manage all of the agriculture activities of the group. We currently own and operate orange, mango, and coffee orchards, teak and palm plantations and plan to expand into durian and coconut plantations. The key responsibility of a CEO is to provide direction for the Agriculture Section with the objective of attaining overall profitability and growth. They plan, develop, organize, implement, direct, and evaluate a company or organization’s functions, vision, mission and overall strategy. It is also important for a CEO to maintain awareness of the competitive landscapes, opportunities for expansion, customers, markets, and new industry developments and standards.
- Fully responsible of the overall operation and financial performance of the company’s plantations.
- Assuming leadership responsibility in ensuring infrastructure and supporting units are well equipped.
- Working closely with other department heads of the company to facilitate cost effective operation.
- Providing leadership and strategic guidance to all Agriculture aspects (R&D, Development, Harvesting, Maintenance).
- Actively involved in the business’ ground operations.
- Involved in the planning and execution of the company’s expansion plan.
- Oversees the daily operations of the estate – be responsible for the human capital development, asset utilization and preservation and operational performance.
- Inspecting the plantations and prepare submission written report after each visit detailing the state and conditions of all aspects of the estate together with necessary recommendation.
- Provide recommendations on all agricultural aspects of the development and operation of the estates conformance to best developed practices.
- Ensure all plantations are within the framework of Environment policies and responsibilities.
- Ensure all work operations in safe and responsible manner
- Planning and managing estate budget to ensure operating expenses and profitability are maximized.
- Build relationship with key stakeholders and also local government and community around the estate.
- Ensure agreed strategies are implemented and compliance with regulatory authorities is maintained
- Establish short- and long-term goals for the organization
- Advise a company on the impact of long-range planning and new business ventures
- Participate in the development of a company or organization’s plans and programs as a strategic partner
- Enhance, develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization that will improve its overall operation and effectiveness
- Maintain awareness of the competitive landscapes, opportunities for expansion, customers, markets, and new industry developments and standards
- Provide leadership to staff and educate them on business objectives to enhance employee performance
- Hire, evaluate and provide professional development opportunities for the company’s senior management team
- Monitor the needs of company partners, the board of directors and stakeholders
- Remain well-informed about industry trends or changes
- Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision-making issues affecting a company or organization
- Provide patrons to a company or organization with effective service
- Proven working Experience of at least 10 years in managing plantations and orchards
- Degree in Agriculture/Forestry/Science & Technology or any related field.
- Solid Technical Background with understanding of agriculture business
- Strong experience in managing plantations in various location
- Proven track-record in managing multiple estates
- Excellent communication skills and proficiency in English
- Interpersonal, Strong Leadership, Problem-Solving and Time Management Skills
- Basic Agronomic Knowledge and Farming Practices.
- Organized, pragmatic, proactive, result-oriented, rigorous
- Team spirit
- Strong communication and social skills
- Potential to progress to a higher responsibility position
- Ability to live in a remote environment
- Chief Financial Officer
- Credit Product (Mgr, AGM, DGM)
- Chief Executive Officer (Agriculture Section)
- HR Project Manager
- Channel Development Manager