Chief Risk Officer
[March 10, 2022 ]
Oversee the risk management function within the bank and cover all necessary reporting oversight of all risks including Operational Risk, Market Risk, Credit Risk, IT Risk, Liquidity Risk, Compliance/Governance Risk, AML/CFT related risks.
• Coordinate and lead functional units related to Risk Management namely Credit Risk Management, Operations Risk Management, Market & Liquidity Risk Management and IT Risk Management units.
• Review and update all risk management related policies and procedures including but not limited to Risk Management Policy framework, Credit Risk Policy, Asset and Liability management (ALM) policy and Operational Risk Management Policy, IT Risk Management, AML/CFT Policy.
• Ensure that all policy documents, SOPs, Product Paper Guidelines (PPGs), etc., related to different business and operational functions are reviewed as defined in the policy documents with the inputs from the related departments.
• Provide appropriate frameworks and methodologies for the effective management of risk in the bank, in order to ensure regulatory compliance and governance at all times and protect all stakeholders.
• Ensure strong risk management culture in the Bank, train the team across the Bank in line with the policy.
• Ensure appropriate and effective procedures are in place; assess that the processes and qualities adhere to the compliance standards.
• Assist in the development and management of processes to identify and evaluate business risk and control self-assessments.
• Drive implementation of all aspects of the risk function, including processes, tools and systems to identify, assess, measure, manage, monitor and report risks, in compliance with the requirements of CBM.
• Liaise with BRMC and take part in ALCO, ERMC and Credit Committees representing risk management
• Prepare quarterly Board, and monthly senior management updates on risk management matters (i.e., risk reporting)
• Review new products, business strategies and budgets from a risk management perspective.
• Coordinate with CFO and other departments/functional units as applicable in preparing the business projections in conjunction with the Risk Appetite Statement (RAS) exercise.
• Provide oversight to the underwriting team in proposing amendments to Credit Manual, Polices, Procedures and Products to relevant approval authorities (Credit Committees, BOD).
• Establish an early warning or trigger system for breaches of the bank’s risk appetite or limits
• Lead, manage and motivate direct reports, including setting objectives, providing feedback and relevant support, training and developments.
• Prepare BCP (Business Continuity Plan) and ensure the review/revision on annual basis.
• Prepare the Meeting calendar for Board Risk Management Committee (BRMC) and Management Risk Management Committees (MRMCs) including ALCO for risk reporting and conduct the meetings along with the risk reports/presentations apprising about the risk status of the Bank and possible mitigations.
• Keep record of meeting minutes, risk reports and communicate to the Management for improvements and corrections as needed to minimize the risks as per the discussions/decisions of the MRMC, BRMC and Board instructions.
• Follow-up and ensure for the actions to be taken to ensure the full compliance with the decisions of the Risk Management Committees.
• All other actions as assigned/instructed by the Board Risk Management Committee.
• CA/CPA/ACCA or MBA/Master’s degree with Banking, Finance as major from a reputed university.
• At least 10 years of experience in Banking job with at least 2 years in senior role at risk management positions in a bank.
• Regulatory interaction experience with a large and complex banking organization.
• To succeed in this Chief Risk Officer role, you will need to maintain regular communication and liaison with audit and compliance functions and exchange views on risk-based compliance plan and audit program.
• Understand overall risk function and maintain the risk framework and implementation of process across organization.
• Thorough understanding of banking environment.
• Strong ability to organize and plan strategically.
• Strong coaching and mentoring skills.
• Sound knowledge of risk management framework of a Banking institution
• Excellent analytical skills
• Market analysis and assessment skills
• English language and computer proficiency