Finance Director (Trading)
[June 1, 2022 ]
The role provides the management for financial process, control and compliance. The role will oversee all accounting aspects of trading and services across the company, through the line management of the finance team members. This role oversee our company’s financial planning and accounting operations and also be commercially aware and provide advice on the best path of growth for our business. He/she will also work with the business leads on the production and review of financial budget and monitoring of actual results. Your duties include establishing targets, developing budgets, and performing financial analysis. The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator with outstanding interpersonal and leadership abilities. Your ultimate goal will be to guide the company towards profitability and success.
- Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reporting with monthly, quarterly and annual deadline in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards of Myanmar Companies.
- Oversee the financial strategic planning of the company by evaluating its performance and potential risks.
- Ensure that all statutory requirements of the company are met including company status, DICA filing, audited accounts and tax reporting.
- Perform regular financial analysis.
- Create financial forecasts, manage cash flow by tracking transactions and regularly reviewing internal reporting.
- Establish strategic planning process for long- term development in line with Company policies and procedures.
- Develop budgets that meet the requirements of company departments.
- Establish targets and manage all accounting and finance employees including management accountants and internal auditors.
- Oversee and supervise all audit and internal control processes.
- Prepare detailed reports on the company’s financial performance.
- Guarantee compliance with financial laws and guidelines.
- Recognize patterns in company spending, revenue, and recommend solutions to any problem areas.
- Support development and implementation of standard accounting procedures to ensure effective operation of finance department, including prevention of misappropriations and fraud.
- Manage the accounting and bookkeeping function using the ERP system, including maintenance of the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control, inventory control and payroll.
- Take full ownership with accountability
- Good Work Ethics and Integrity
- Manage the Finance Department and train the staffs whenever necessary.
- Any ad-hoc duties as and when assigned
- University Degree, Bachelor or above with major in accounting, finance, commerce or business administration and CPA/ ACCA qualifications
- Advanced knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards and internal control principles.
- Experience in distribution business a distinct advantage.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in current updates of Myanmar Tax Laws, regulations and dealing with tax authorities.
- Knowledge and experience in using NetSuite ERP software
- Good communications skills (oral and written)
- Good English language and negotiating skills (oral and written)
- Strong understanding of numbers and financial analysis
- Excellent team player, positive work attitude and willing to work longer hours during peak periods
- Good organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and willing to constantly strive for improvements
- At least 10 years work experience in similar position (progressive financial responsibility)
- Ability to drive financial and operational performance measures