Head of Aftersales Service
[October 4, 2022 ]
- To oversee the day to day running of the aftersales service team and spare parts team. Put in place actions for meeting the company’s required aftersales margins for parts, warranty and service sales.
- To coordinate and direct the service department workload to maximize efficiency and productivity. Work with and support the sales team, marketing team, project team and group CEO/ COO/ CBO to grow and develop the aftersales team.
- Enforce operating policies and standards to maintain control of all aftersales administration functions.
- Appoint new employees/Manages with the direction of the Group CEO/ COO/ CBO.
- Achieve sales targets on spare parts business.
- Lead and liaise with the aftersales parts and service managers on topical issues within the departments and resolve those promptly.
- Ensure the best customer services is being provided and maintained by the aftersales team.
- Provide the CEO/ COO/ CBO with information regarding aftersales performance to assist them in decision making.
- To increase the number of new customers and maximize prospects for future growth.
- Building and maintaining strong, long-lasting customer relationships.
- Ensure service targets are met, including customer satisfaction and turnaround time.
- Identifying and securing customers and opportunities that will provide strong margin performance and recurring revenue.
- Plan and allocate the technicians work based on their skill, expertise and experience.
- Direct and assist technicians to ensure repairs are completed to the desired standard.
- Co-ordinate with the management over the training needs and experience of the workshop team, and delegate tasks to match those needs.
- Ensure the Team understands all policies, procedures and processes pertaining to After Sales Service and Delivery and Assembly.
- Ensures technical capability of Repair personnel and process to ensure effective repair and Data / reporting is timely, accurate, and detailed.
- Responsible for Technical Support Escalations for internal and external clients.
- Ensure all warranty and repair work carried out adheres to manufacturer and company Standards.
- Responsible for all Service Contracts from a commercial perspective and process support internally.
- Lead and develop the competence within the After Sales teams to fit the company's long-term strategy and develop solutions to design challenges with constraints on cost, quality and performance.
- Ensure and maintain a safe working environment and that processes are followed that adhere to health and safety regulations.
- Represent the Aftersales area of the business on the Senior Management team.
Key Performance Indicators
- Optimized levels of customer service to achieve a high Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI)
- Improved customer retention.
- Maximized productivity and returns.
- Accurate costs and profit performance managed by facts.
- 100% timely utilization and accuracy of after sales tool in all service centers.
- Spare parts and refurbishment stock management and availability
- Accurate parts and inventory forecasting and reconciliations.
- Quality of Repair.
- Quality of Data and Data reporting.
- Engineering Degree or Diploma in Electrical & Mechanical field.
- Having aftersales and sales experience in Heavy machinery, Power Products, Agricultural machinery and trucks are preferred.
- 8 - 10 years of experience, 5 of which are in a similar position with a track record for strong leadership capabilities.
- Demonstrated experience in the management of Aftersales Services department in a target driven role.
- Have a strong drive for results and the determination to deliver according to plan.
- Experience in implementing change and development of processes to increase efficiencies.
- Have excellent communication skills and must be able to interact on different levels of the organization.
- Strong mindset for meeting or exceeding expectations and must be able to demonstrate complete discretion and confidentiality.
- Passion for social enterprise, development of people and environmental benefits.
- Experience in Repair Operations is highly desirable.