Head of Audit
[September 15, 2022 ]
- To lead, monitor, control and manage the Internal Audit department advising on and ensuring that the following services are effectively, efficiently and economically managed and delivered within the available resources and agreed targets and objectives.
- Meet the statutory requirements for the provision of an adequate and effective internal audit function for all the bank’s services, including adequate planning, control and reporting.
- Conduct risk assessment and audit testing of specified area.
- Prepare and agree strategic audit plans with the Board of Directors.
- Audits of all critical processes of the bank, including an examination to ensure that the proper systems of financial administration and control are in place.
- Analyze internal controls processes, and financial and review suitability of internal control design and provide recommendation for improvement.
- Review compliance of operation with relevant policies and procedures, and compliance with controls, local regulations, money laundering guidelines etc.
- Work on preventing frauds and losses, and all irregularities to be reported without delay.
- Proactively look for areas of improvement during the audit process and provides value-added and insightful recommendations that address root causes.
- Document and communicate audit results both orally and in writing in objective, clear, concise and timely manner.
- Work with various level of Management to follow up on the status of remediation.
- To liaise with the Police and Legal Representatives on confidential irregularity investigations and bank’s external audits and other bodies to maximize the effectiveness of Internal Audit.
- Lead diverse audit team members by creating an environment of fostering self-development and the development of others.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration
- Professional Certifications such as CPA or ACCA preferred
- Approximately total 8-10 years of internal and external auditing experience
- Experience in risk-based audit, internal financial control processes, governance frameworks, enterprise wide risk management, prefer in banking industries
- Internal Investigation experience preferred
- Solid understanding of Internal Auditing concepts, International auditing standards and internal control frameworks Strong Analytical Skills
- Knowledge of the banking or other financial sector and Core Banking System will be an added advantage
- Displays high levels of integrity, objectivity and impartiality and commit to high professional ethical standards