Head of Risk & Compliance
[November 20, 2023 ]
- Developing strong risk management framework and formulating strategic action plans to help minimize, manage, and mitigate the inherent risks and monitor the progress of these efforts
- Creating and disseminating risk analysis reports and progress reports to different stakeholders, including employees, Senior Managements, and Board.
- Ensuring that risk management priorities are reflected in the Strategic Business Plans.
- Formulating and implementing risk assurance strategies
- Evaluating possible operational risks that may arise from human error or system failures which might disrupt or affect business processes
- Measuring the organization’s risk appetite and setting the amount of risk that the organization is able and willing to take on.
- Developing budget for risk related projects and supervising the funding
- Conducting risk assurance and due diligence on behalf of the organization in all the business deals
- Has a bachelor's or master's degree, ideally in accounting, business administration or economics from an accredited university in Myanmar or abroad or professional certification and training in banking and risk management
- 5 to 7 years working experience in credit or risk management section of a bank or/and financial institutions
- Has experience in developing in credit grading activities, portfolio management or credit review or approval processes or credit and risk management in a bank, financial institution.
- Experience in default and fraud management and assets and liability management experience.
- Analytical skills with working knowledge in the principles of credit risk, market risk, operational risk, liquidity risk and finance
- Understanding of other operational risks including IT Security.
- Ability to clearly articulate and express a bank or financial institution risk appetite.
- Good command of risk management principles, tools, and models
- Excellent written, verbal and communication skills