Teller – Chinese Speaking
28 Jan 2019
Up to 450,000 MMK
No of vacancies:
- Responsible for the smooth execution of routine branch transactions on a day-to-day basis to ensure the achievement of customer satisfaction, productivity and Banking Best Practices goals and targets.
- Responsible for efficiently delivering banking services to customers, ensuring adequate cash is available at the cash counters and all accounts are balanced and updated at the end of the day, and for preventing losses through frauds.
- Responsible for supporting the bank’s strategies and initiatives to provide an effective and engaging digital customer onboarding experience, expand the agent and merchant networks, and drive the usage of mobile and digital applications, in order to achieve economic and social development in Myanmar through nationwide financial inclusion.
- Supports the Branch Manager, Deputy Branch Manager, and Head Teller in the effective execution of the branch’s business plans to deepen account adoption and reach more customers at lower cost, in line with the overall bank’s strategy of driving nationwide financial inclusion
- Provides routine services to customers through the effective execution of transactions that include cash deposits and withdrawals, cheque transfers, deposits and withdrawals, account opening and closing activities, remittance and money transfers, currency exchange, and other related activities and services, in order to drive customer satisfaction and productivity
- Responds to all customer queries and questions, assists in resolving complaints and escalates to the supervisor as required, and informs the customers about the bank’s available products and services
- Receives mortgage, loan, or public utility bill payments, and verifies payment dates and amounts due
- Identifies opportunities for cross-sales and generates leads from customer transactions to maximize sales
- Provides specialized banking services such as issuing new cheque books, locker account usage activities and iBanking assistance, to ensure that all customer needs are satisfactorily fulfilled
- Balances the cash drawer by proving cash transactions, counting and packaging currency and coins, and maintaining supply of cash and currency
- Ensures compliance with all internal controls and established policies and procedures in order to guarantee transparency in every transaction
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date knowledge of all relevant Banking products in order to address the customers’ needs and queries
- Supports the Head Teller, Deputy Branch Manager, and Branch Manager in all customer service related activities and in managing the branch in order to provide the highest quality of service to all customers and drive customer satisfaction
- Ensures the satisfactory completion of assigned trainings to achieve a high-level of proficiency in undertaking the key responsibilities of the job
- Possess at least a Bachelor's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma or Professional Degree in business management or equivalent.
- Must be able to converse in Chinese (mandarin) proficiently.
- Experience working in banking industry would be an added advantage.
- Ability to learn banking equipment and software quickly.
- Strong communication skill and responsible.
- Excellent numerical, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Fresh graduates are encouraged to apply.
- AML/ CFT Officer
- General Manager (Sales & Marketing)
- Creative Strategist
- Assistant Manager (Electronics Distribution Company)
- Senior Sales Executives (Electronics Distribution Company)