Credit Analyst (Senior Role)
[March 14, 2022 ]
- Evaluate Business Credit Applications raised by Relationship Managers in the Corporate/Financial Institutions and Commercial Real Estate Business departments and contribute constructive suggestions to develop a fully informed and well-balanced credit proposition.
- Prepare the Relationship Manager/Credit Analyst for the impending joint customer visit to establish objectives of the visit and maximize the value from the visit.
- Conduct joint customer visit with the Relationship Manager/Credit Analyst and lead the discussion with the view to achieving the objectives of the customer visit.
- Drive quality and efficiency of the credit analysts.
- Liaise closely with the General Managers of all departments of the Bank, irrespective of whether they are lending units or otherwise, to fully understand their operations and how they impact on credit functions.
- Liaise closely with Corporate/Financial Institutions and Commercial Real Estate departments to support identification of credit risks upfront.
- Liaise closely with the Bank's in-house Legal and Compliance Team to fully understand the legal aspects impacting on the extension of credit and securing documentation.
- Conduct stress tests on the Bank's assets portfolio on a quarterly basis under the supervision of the Head, Credit Function.
- Conduct credit risk training for the Business departments on ad hoc basis under the guidance of the Head, Credit Function.
- Perform post-mortem on losses incurred by the Bank, highlighting the weaknesses in control, gaps in risk identification and mitigation and guiding the Relationship Manager/Credit Analyst to avoid the missteps.
- Contribute to the Credit Function Library with Industry Studies relevant to the Business departments.
- Assist the Head, Credit Function in implementing the Early Alert process for monitoring and tracking of credit exposures.
- Liaise closely with the Team Leader, Credit Policy, Monitoring and Control to share first-hand experience and contribute to streamlining processes and improving efficiency in the frontline and Backoffice.
- Implement any other duties assigned by the Head, Credit Function.
- Provide support to the General Managers and other Function Heads to facilitate and drive strategy of achieving nation-wide financial inclusion.
- Report to Foreigner (Head)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Studies, Banking, Economics, Accounting or related field.
- Good command in English
- Prior experience in a multinational and culturally diverse environment is an added advantage
- At least 5 years in the role in banking/business in the private sector