Application Support Officer
[June 14, 2023 ]
• Assists with configuration and maintenance of database server; co-banking systems; and application tools.
• Documents and maintains database configuration change diagrams, and key process information.
• Codes database descriptions and specifies identifiers of database management system in the production and test environments.
• Provide MIS back-end reporting for the business users by executing complex SQL queries in timely manner.
• Tests and corrects errors, and refines changes to the database and application systems.
• Determines and documents database policies, procedures, and standards and application related policies and procedures.
• Performs test and evaluations regularly to ensure database security, procedures, privacy, and integrity.
• Monitors database performance, distribution of records, and the amount of available memory, implements database changes, and updates versions.
• Plans and performs database backup and recovery.
• Performs new system installations, upgrades, and new project testing and implementation from a software application perspective, in coordination with the IT team and outsourced managed services, and specific product vendors.
• Do month end process executions and year-end process executions, system product creations, System parameter set-up.
• Monitors designated applications and takes corrective action to prevent or minimize system downtime.
• Ensures all functions of Co-banking system effectively work with all other applications and operating systems.
• Carry out special tasks at Management's direction
• Prepare process documents, user manuals, policies based on the guidance of the Application support manager.
• Do software trainings and other required IT trainings to the Business users and other related parties.
• Actively involve to the new project implementation related activities.
• Interact with customers and staff at the technical level, as required for database and application issues.
• Other duties as assigned.
• B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering from an accredited college/university or equivalent work experience
• Good communication skills in English language. (written and spoken)
• 1-2 years’ relevant experience in IT systems & Database Administration.
• Experience with C# or equivalent Object Oriented language
• Experience with SQL and demonstrable knowledge of database techniques
• Proven history of self-direction and able to carry out assignments from beginning to completion
• Strong project management skills. PMP: Project Management Professional, CAPM: Certified Associate in Project Management, CSM: Certified Scrum Master will be an added advantage.
• Preferred to have good knowledge about Micro finance related co-banking software systems.
• Experience about report generating tools.
• Sound knowledge about mobile technologies and mobile applications.
• A strong desire to learn from others and also teach others through mentoring and technical leadership
• Must have excellent interpersonal, customer service, organizational, and communications skills.
• Must be a team player.
• Must be fluent in English (speaking and writing)